What is Recorder 6?
Recorder 6 provides a powerful, standards based tool for collection and collation of biological records. It is not an exeGesIS product, but is one of the National Biodiversity Network projects.
Who are we?
exeGesIS SDM Ltd is a small and friendly consultancy that has been helping clients in the capture and management of their environmental data for more than 10 years. We are able to provide a very wide range of services and support including data migrations, training, bespoke application development and the integration of Recorder and Recorder data with other systems. One such example is the link that we have built between Recorder 6 and the Conservation Management System (CMS7), the database for management planning.
Uniquely for a Recorder supplier we are a Microsoft Certified Partner, MapInfo Premier Partner, an ESRI Business Associate and Ordnance Survey partner.
We have hundreds of clients across the UK and overseas including English Nature, the Countryside Council for Wales, Scottish Natural Heritage, the RSPB and many of the Wildlife Trusts.
More information about us and our services can be found from home page.
What can we provide?
- are a GIS user or are interested in acquiring GIS,
- are interested in integrating Recorder and Recorder data with other applications,
- are a CMS (Conservation Management System) user or are interested in management planning,
- need GIS, CMS or Recorder training,
- want bespoke development or data management consultancy,
then it’s probably worth talking to us ….
We sell copies of Recorder for £50 + VAT a copy which includes support to help with installations
We offer Recorder software technical support on a call-off basis. There is a minimum purchase of £250 and then each logged request will be charged between 0 and a maximum of £25 depending on complexity.
We have a bespoke training suite in our offices in Talgarth in the Brecon Beacons National Park in Wales and offer two day courses in Recorder at a price of £130 per day per person on a public course or £530 per day for a bespoke course.
We also offer consultancy on Recorder issues especially relating to GIS, integrating the data with other applications and web applications
For pricing for GIS and our other products and services, click here.
We also run a number of software products that are useful in managing biological data, some of which can be linked into Recorder. These include:
- CMS (Conservation Management System). The standard system for site management planning and recording can link directly into Recorder 6. By a simple link between the CMS site and Recorder location(s), species lists can be generated from Recorder within CMS as part of a plan output. CMS is also being developed for managing Local Site (or Wildlife Site) schemes and the Recorder link here plays an important role. CMS allows you to plan and record work undertaken and advice given on the wildlife sites and pull out new species records all in the one report.
- LibraryLink: Links images and documents into database records
More information on these products can be viewed at our main page.
Who do I contact?