We have now been running virtual instructor led training courses for just under 3 months and have found that our 2 day GIS courses work best when run as 4 sessions spread over three days. Trainees have noted a number of interesting benefits to the format:
• ability to use their own copy of their chosen GIS
• time between the sessions to try out the ideas on their own data
• time between sessions to keep up with other work commitments
• and they like the 2.5 to 3.5 hour sessions which is the perfect duration for this type of technical training
These are in addition to the obvious advantage of being able to do the courses without travel or coming into contact with other people.
This is what trainees have said:
• I really enjoyed the course and it has opened my eyes to the possibilities. More importantly the delivery was excellent, never a dull moment. Carol was engaging and enthusiastic and had all the answers to any question which I had.
• You did an amazing job with what would have been very difficult training - very relaxed, friendly and fun approach to the course
• The course was exceptionally well delivered and the tutor was a brilliant instructor - very patient, encouraging and knowledgeable
For details of our courses visit our training pages.