Data Processing and Translation
exeGesIS provide a full data processing service. We will discuss your objectives and assess the data supplied to determine the most efficient process to deliver the required outputs to a high standard.
Some examples of data processing include:
- Generalisation - Processing complex layers to simplify the geometry and/or the attribute data to render layers easier to use for non-technical users e.g. public users of mapping website
- Generation of seamless layers - Processing sets of raster layers e.g. scanned maps or aerial photographs to automatically generate seamless layers to the client's specification e.g. per Epoch or per County
- Lidar Processing - Processing Digitial Terrain Models (DTM), such as Lidar, to generate derived layers which can then be interpreted visually or analysed using spatial analysis.
exeGesIS provide a data translation service to convert spatial data to your preferred GIS format, and style the data if required. Datasets which require translation for use in GIS include:
- AutoCAD DWG
- Ordnance Survey MasterMap (.gz)
- Ordnance Survey AddressBase (.gml)