Content Management Systems (CMS) allow users to author content, collaborate on material and administer websites with minimal expertise, and are used on most modern websites.
We offer three options, all of which are fantastic, free and open source:
cloudscribe is a set of loosely coupled software component libraries for building cross platform web applications and websites on ASP.NET Core (the new open source framework from Microsoft). With cloudscribe we deliver the complicated bits as plug-in components, leaving our clients to take control of content and keep their sites fresh. Our cloudscribe sites can run on any webserver OS, and are designed for use on any device.
With mojoPortal we deliver the complicated bits as plug-in components, leaving our clients to take control of content and keep their sites fresh. Find out why we use mojoPortal rather than a proprietary CMS.
WordPress is widely-used simple CMS and blogging platform based on PHP and MySQL. WordPress has been powering huge numbers of sites since 2003. Because it is so widely used, many requirements can be met with existing off-the-shelf plugins and themes. When they cannot, we can write new plug-in components, while the basic functionality allows our clients to take control of content and keep their sites fresh. Our WordPress sites can run on any webserver OS, and are designed for use on any device.
With each of these platforms we can:
- install your CMS website on any server: yours, our servers in VIRTUS, London, or any third party hosting
- create a "skin" to bring your design ideas to life
- create custom components if what you need is not available "out of the box". For example we specialise in integrating maps into websites.
- train you in every aspect of managing the site, from creating basic content through to developing your own plug-ins
- give you the degree of control you want:
- some clients only want to edit a blog
- others want full site administration rights
- some even develop their own skins and features (with a little help!)